⒈corner的基本意思是“角”，是可数名词，指两条线或两条路相交处； 也可作“遥远的地方，天涯海角”解，此时常用复数形式； 引申可指“困境，窘况”，此时可用作可数名词，也可用作不可数名词。
⒉corner接介词in，表示“在角落里”； 接介词on或at，表示“在拐角处”； 接介词round〔around〕，表示“拐过弯去”。编辑摘要
C 1.角，角落 a place where two lines,walls or roads meet
C 2.遥远的地区area far away
U C 3. 困境 difficult or awkward situation
cut off a corner抄近路
drive sb into a corner逼得某人走投无路
keep a corner保留一个角落
round a corner拐过街角
turn a corner拐过街角
turn the corner摆脱困境
top left-hand corner左上角
around the corner在拐角处，在近处，即将来到
at the corner街口
in the corner在拐角上
on the corner在拐角上
corners; cornered; cornering
vi. 1.驾车转弯 drive a car round a corner
vt. 2.垄断，囤积gain control of the buying,selling or production of goods
vt. 3.难住put into a difficult position
corner the thief堵住小偷
corner the witness为难证人
corner in commodities囤积商品
corner sb with反驳某人
corner with stone用石头砌成
1. around the corner(going to happen very soon)
With summer just around the corner,it's time to think about getting into shape.
2. fight your corner(to defend sth you believe in,usually by presenting arguments in its favour or by arguing in general)
You’ll really have to be ready to fight your corner if you want them to agree to your plans.
3. turn the corner(situation starts to improve after a difficult period)
We’ve been going through a bad patch,but I think we've turned the corner now.
4. paint yourself into a corner(to do sth which places you in a very difficult situation and limits the way you act)
As I’d already turned down their offer,I’ve painted myself into a corner and I can't go back to them now.
5. be back into a corner(to be forced into a difficult situation that you have no(or very little)control over)
They’ve backed us into a corner,and now we've got no choice but to sign the contract.
6. cut corners(to do sth the easiest,quickest or cheapest way possible,this often affects the overall quality of the work being done)
As the staff training budget wasn't very big,we had to cut a few corners,which meant the results were poor.
7. be in a tight corner(to be in a difficult situation)
I’ve been in tight corners before,but never one as desperate as this.
8. corner the market(to dominate the market; to be so successful at selling or making a particular product that almost no one else sells or makes)
With their innovative new approach to customer service,they're completely cornered the market.